[asterisk-scf-dev] SessionCommunicationsIf Questions/Comments

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 13 10:59:47 CDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 04:06 AM, Joshua Colp wrote:

>> 3.h) One thing that struck me as missing in the
>> SessionCommunicationsIf was "identity" information. I'm referring to
>> the caller ID, connected ID, and redirecting ID type things. That
>> information probably belongs in SessionInfo, but there are likely some
>> methods that need to be added to the Session and SessionListener
>> interfaces, as well. Or is this the wrong place for that information?
>
> Yes, the whole ID thing (caller/connected/etc) has yet to be explored in Asterisk SCF.
> You are probably correct on what you have said though for where things need to be.

I'll just extend that reply to state that much of what Russell asked
about is still in 'unexplored' territory for Asterisk SCF... but those
things will be discussed and worked on shortly after AstriCon as move
into the next phase of development.

As far as session identify information goes, I've been thinking we'd
actually pass around concrete class objects that contain identity
information. This accomplishes a couple of things: they can be extended
by components that want to include locally-defined identity elements,
and there's no need to define 'caller' and 'callee', as those roles can
be inferred by the direction the object is delivered over the relevant
interface (and the direction the session was established in the first
place).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com