[asterisk-scf-dev] Consolidate git repos?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Oct 13 07:08:20 CDT 2010

Greetings,

What would be the downside of consolidating the git repos such that there isn't a separate repo per component?  As I've started thinking about the process of submitting a change, it occurs to me that making and submitting a change for review to core slice and all of the components that use it could be quite cumbersome.  This is going to be even more of an issue a year or two from now when the number of components continues to grow.

Perhaps a happy middle ground would be to keep slice and cmake as separate, but put all of the components together?  At least that way the gitall stuff can go away and a patch that changes slice and the components is just two patches / code reviews and not 10 ... or 50.

Thoughts?

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software