[hydra-dev] Ice in Hydra repository

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 31 08:27:08 CDT 2010

Simon Perreault wrote:
> Ok thanks. This would be like the qt-copy directory in KDE's repository.
> They also have a separate directory where they put the patches that they
> create. They try to keep it as empty as possible by sending patches
> upstream to Trolltech for inclusion. I would see this model working well
> for Hydra/Ice.

I've done a similar thing; the major feature patches (of which there is
only one right now) live in /hydra/ice/branches, and can always be
looked at separately. When a new upstream version of Ice appears, it
gets imported into /hydra/ice/upstream, then the feature branches are
updated to work with it, and finally all of that is merged into
/hydra/ice/trunk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com