[hydra-dev] Proposed Supported Platforms

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Tue Jun 8 11:25:04 CDT 2010

Le 10-06-08 11:48, Russell Bryant a écrit :
> On 06/07/2010 02:06 PM, Joshua Colp wrote:
>> Linux
>> Windows
>> FreeBSD (*)
>> Solaris
>> OSX
>
> How many people are going to be upset that OpenBSD is not included in
> this list?  I suspect it may be in a similar situation as FreeBSD.

Freebsd has a much much larger base and nearer to linux (for its base)
than openbsd. I love openbsd, but not sure it is the first target
platform for hydra. Moreover, Openbsd has pretty strict security
requirements that might make ports to be more complicated.

I would drop openbsd in the first target "supported" list, but keep
freebsd.

Marc.

--
=========