[hydra-dev] Networking stack (NAT, Firewall, IPv6)

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 05:46:09 CDT 2010

On 8 Jun 2010, at 11:38, Nick Lewis wrote:

>> By now we should have prototypes and proof-of-concept code floating
>> around - thats how good open source projects get momentum.
>
> ok fair comment - and I guess a prototype needs a working zeroc
> platform. However my contention is that to have a proof-of-concept one
> first needs a concept. Perhaps I am over analysing this and the best
> course of action is just to gtfowi

Most of the PoC code could be done with _any_ working RPC method,
zeroc isn't central to the concept, even if it is to the implementation.

I find that throwing up a quick prototype of something tells you loads
about it's desirability/strengths/weaknesses . Not using the final platform
can be an advantage, since it ensures that you _won't_ end up evolving the
prototype into a product by accident :-)

T.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk