[hydra-dev] White paper about interface versioning

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Apr 27 11:01:34 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 10:51:58 Simon Perreault wrote:
> On 2010-04-27 11:45, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > Arguments may now commence as to the value of N.
>
> Is that really a good idea? It's good to have the mechanisms in place.
> But let's leave the politics for another day.

I'm more keen on having the framework agreed upon than deciding the
value of N.  As far as I'm concerned, it needs to be at least 1, but I'm sure
there are those who would want the value to be 3.  The question is, for how
many minor releases should a deprecated API remain, when the support
burden is high enough that we would want to limit it?

--
Tilghman Lesher