[hydra-dev] A name for hydra?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Apr 3 10:33:32 CDT 2010

3 apr 2010 kl. 16.13 skrev Russell Bryant:

> ----- "Joshua Colp" <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
>
>> Choosing a name is going to be very very complicated.
>
> This reminds me of an amusing quote that I saw on twitter a couple of weeks ago:
>
> "There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors."

I really like that quote...

I'm not up-to-date with the list, as I've been mostly off line in a beautiful village in southern Mexico...

In regards to the name discussion, my humble suggestion is that we leave that to the marketing guys.
They have procedures for avoiding trade-mark issues and will come up with something that we
all agree on that we don't like. In that, they've accomplished far more than we can - they got the
developers to agree on at least one little thing.

Trying to use a democratic process to come up with product names has been proven hurtful in my world.
At least no animals was hurt in the process, but all humans involved was upset...

Happy Easter to all of you!

/O