[hydra-dev] Hydra for me.

Jakub Klausa J.Klausa at SS7.PL
Sat Apr 3 08:54:45 CDT 2010

'lo

        as many of you already answered Kevin's request for comments,
scenerios and your general feelings about project Hydra, i tought
i'd chip in.

        As most of you - i haven't had much time to learn ICE, or even
look at its docs thoroughly, but i have some thoughts about what i
would like Hydro to be, and how it should be.

        Most of you, during the meeting, and those whom i've spoken to
personally, were interested in bringing or at least looking for some
features that'll solve your problems, or those of your clients.

        In a sence, i went the same direction, but I ended up at the opposite
end of what i expected at first. When (not if ;-)) project Hydra is going
to get go, i'd more likely leave most of you the pleasure of taking care of
how things work in Hydra, and get my little share by working on how Hydra
fails. And it certainly will. The only question remains - how is it going to
do that.

        That's my intrest, and possible involvement in the Hydra project - i want
to make sure, that all the measures are taken for all the layers of the system
to fail as gracefull as they can, having the least impact on the system as a
whole, and if possible, for the 'call' (any media or messge session, or in fact
anything else).

        I think everyone will benefit from a system that rarely fails, but if it
does, it behaves in a predictable, strictly defined way.

        The other area of my interest (of course beside SS7 and all technologies
around it) would be making sure that everyday operations in a big instalations
are seamless, and easily achivable (like 'call' tracing, load sharing, live upgrades,
rollover upgrades, etc.).

        As I will learn about ICE i'd possibly have some other impressions on the
subject, which i will gladly share with you, posting to the list.

	As for the name, i've heard, that adding a mention of 'red' adds speed, the same
way it does for red painted cars ;-)

--
Jakub Klausa | +48 509 032 888 | j.klausa at ss7.pl | http://www.ss7.pl/
Dane rejestrowe -> http://kontakt.ss7.pl