[hydra-dev] A name for hydra?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Apr 2 08:39:41 CDT 2010

----- "Tim Panton" <thp at westhawk.co.uk> wrote:

> There is a school of thought that says you have to nail your colors to
> the mast, and
> put 'digium' in the name - that brand association says that you are
> _absolutely_ serious about this
> project.
>
> I personally like 'Digia' - but that name is probably taken.

Shoot me now since this may seem like marketing speak but the name
should convey some sort of meaning about what Hydra is. In my
opinion 'Digia' wouldn't really do that. If I told someone that
they would probably just have a blank thought of nothingness, plus
like you said it is probably taken.

Choosing a name is going to be very very complicated.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer