[asterisk-scf-committee] End User Personas for documentation and presentation

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 23 14:47:36 CDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 10:08 AM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Andrew Latham<lathama at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Andrew Latham<lathama at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Committee
>>>
>>> I see the need to define some end user personas[1] for establishing
>>> the direction of documentation or presentation. I will throw out some
>>> simple ones here and explain how they can help.
>
> Wiki Page  https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/~lathama/Planning+for+Asterisk+SCF+with+audience+personas
> to help present the idea.  This will tie in with the documentation and
> examples that I am preparing...

Wow... that's a great idea. I would add another persona; someone who
works at a company that uses Asterisk SCF via a service provider, and
who has been tasked with 'tailoring' its behavior to what that company
needs (connecting to internal databases, perform call routing logic,
etc). This will lead to documenting Extension Points/Hooks and various
other developer APIs and how they can be used even if the components
providing them are not under the control of the person who is using APIs.

--
Kevin P. Fleming