[asterisk-r2] homepage for libopenr2

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:42:50 CDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> Two years later. I forgot about the previous discussion. I needed to
> build openr2 from source. For some odd reason I had a problem locating
> the source package for the binary package I was using (openr2 from
> EPEL). So I figured it wouldn't be a problem building from source.
>
> The first hit on my search engine is https://libopenr2.org/ . It points
> to http://code.google.com/p/openr2/downloads/list . I saw nothing there.
>
> The second hit is the placeholder http://www.openr2.org/ .
>
> Only the fifth hit is the github repo. I cloned it. Built it. And then
> Asterisk fails to build, as it presents a different API.
>
> Somebody clearly hates the users who did not install openr2 packages
> from distributions.

Only a little :)

For Asterisk you have to use the release-1 branch. The master branch is
built differently because it no longer relies on DAHDI (so it can work with
FreeSWITCH and other embedded systems).

Any chance to update https://libopenr2.org/ ?

I'll try to get that done over the weekend. Sadly 10 years ago I picked an
experimental CMS/blog platform that is no longer maintained. I may replace
that page with a simple github page or something.