[asterisk-r2] homepage for libopenr2

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:38:16 CDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * What is the homepage of libopenr2?
> * Where can I download release tarballs from?
> * Where is the development repository?
>
> Some candidates:
>
> * http://libopenr2.org/: A page from Jan 2008
> * https://code.google.com/p/openr2/
>   * https://code.google.com/p/openr2/source
>   * https://code.google.com/p/openr2/downloads/list
>   * Seems like the place. But Google Code will be shut down, eventually.

Yeah, tarballs are still hosted there, but the svn repo is outdated and not
maintained anymore there. Github is the new place for raw code, and
eventually I'll put releases there too. I know google code is going down,
so I'll do this before then :)

> * https://github.com/moises-silva/openr2
>   Less up-to-date than the Google code one.

This is the most up-to-date code. I assume you mean is less up-to-date than
google code because you looked at the 'master' branch. The master branch
hasn't been touched in a while because I did a lot of work on master for
openr2 2.0 years ago, which adds lots of improvements to be used without
DAHDI, proper locking abstraction for r2chan, and a bunch of other things
needed to get openr2 working in embedded systems and other proprietary PBXs
as well. However, FreeSWITCH has not been used in countries that require
MFC-R2 for the most part, so I never made a formal 2.0 release. The branch
that is most up-to-date for Asterisk is 'release-1', which has changes as
recent as last March.

* A copy of that library embedded in FreeSwitch with probably some extra
>   changes.

No I never wanted to do that, so is not there.