[asterisk-r2] Mfcr2 protocol errors

Ing. Leon Ramos leon.ramos at meganucleo.mx
Thu Sep 25 11:46:04 CDT 2014

Dear list,

We have recently deployed an openr2 xorcom system, carrier is TELMEX with
an E1. We are using 10 channels only. We have been experiencing some
"protocol errors". The channels get blocked and some blue alarms are
raised, but they get clear later.

Here is the configuration:

/etc/dahdy/system.conf

span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
cas=1-15,17-31:1101
echocanceller=oslec,1-15,17-31
loadzone = mx
defaultzone = mx

/etc/asterisk/dahdi_channels.conf

signalling=mfcr2
mfcr2_variant=mx
mfcr2_get_ani_first=no
mfcr2_max_ani=10
mfcr2_max_dnis=4
mfcr2_category=national_subscriber
mfcr2_call_files=yes
mfcr2_logdir=span1
mfcr2_logging=all
mfcr2_mfback_timeout=-1
mfcr2_metering_pulse_timeout=-1
group=0
context=from-zaptel
language=es
channel => 1-10

Here is the /var/log/asterisk/full output, as I mentioned before, the E1 is
working fine and it presents this kind of errors randomly.

http://pastebin.com/AMbUUJvW

And from the channel trace we have this output:

http://pastebin.com/bpDn7pZf

Our binary versions are:

asterisk-11.7.0-1
dahdi-2.10.0-1
libopenr2-1.3.3-0

My guess is that it is a carrier issue since we have the blue alarm. But, I
would like to be sure not to be hitting a bug with our versions.

Thank you in advance,