[asterisk-r2] Unicall Old user

Carlos Rangel crangeltpmex at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 10:56:37 CDT 2014

Hi List

I installed a system with the old Unicall library around 8 years ago and
never touched Unicall again. I now have the need to install and R2 system
again.  I know now we have Openr2 library that replaced Unicall and the new
Asterisk distributions include support for it (I believe starting 1.6 or
so). My question is do I have to recompile Asterisk  once Openr2 is
installed so it can be recognized by Asterisk as with the old unicall?? Or
would it be recognized once installed??

I am trying to install a system with Freepbx 5.2.11 which comes with
Asterisk 11 or Asterisk 1.8. I want to know what is the best option for
Openr2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos Rangel