[asterisk-r2] DTMF R2 support in Asterisk 1.8

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sun May 20 13:23:48 CDT 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Leonid Fainshtein <
leonid.fainshtein at xorcom.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Does anybody know why DTMF R2 is not supported in Asterisk 1.8? Is there
> any technical reasons for it?
>
> Best regards,
> Leonid Fainshtein
> Xorcom Ltd

Only reason is that when I added that feature the 1.8 branch was not
accepting any new features. Digium only allowed me to add that feature to
trunk (and now is part of Asterisk 10).

The patch that I have for Asterisk 1.4 includes DTMF/R2 and someone from
the community sponsored the work for creating a 1.6 branch:

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/moy/mfcr2-1.6-dtmf/

I just never got around making the work for 1.8

-
Moy