[asterisk-r2] Random channels receive BLOCK Rx CAS after each wanrouter restart

Christian Cabrera ccabrera at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:37:01 CST 2011

Hello,

One of my customers is experiencing something really weird: at bootup,
random channels from his E1 appears with a RxC CAS of "BLOCK". If I restart
wanrouter, then the channels randomly switch but we never get the 30
channels as IDLE at the same time.

System was working fine, then they reported some noise was getting into the
lines. Now the E1 won't even take calls. I've posted a pastebin of what the
dahdi_tool looks like after restarting wanrouter several times (each time
channels get random block/idle status). The url is
http://pastebin.com/xGB3XCTE

The specs of what I'm using:

Asterisk 1.4.36
Dahdi 2.4.0
Wanpipe 3.5.8
Sangoma AFT-A101c  : SLOT=0 : BUS=48 : IRQ=177 : CPU=A : PORT=PRI : V=25
E1 is from Axtel

Ballum has been changed to dismiss the chance of that being the problem.
Dahdi_tool reports no alarms and when trying to dial out, a timeout occur (I
can see the mfcr2 debug in the console and I get no ring on the destination
phone).

As a side note: the E1 gets conencted into an standard PBX and works fine:
no noise nor anything bad happens. As soon as I get it into Asterisk, weird
things start to happen.

Could the card have gone bad? Let me know what can I do to debug as for
obvious reasons the E1 stays connected into the Alcatel during all work
hours.

Regards,

   Christian Cabrera