[asterisk-r2] MF back cycle timed out

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:16:22 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Cesar Bonilla
<cesar.bonilla at hyettemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a server with Elastix 1.6 between a PBX Panasonic D500 and Telco.
> For Span 1 connect to Telco (ETB- Colombia), on Span 2 connect to PBX.
> Calls from Telco work successful. On the other hand, I try to call from
> PBX and always shows  "MF back cycle timed out".
>
> Local plan is 7 digits, National plan is 10 digits, International plan
> is 16 digits and Toll free is 12 digits.

Your switch is not ITU-compliant. If there are not more DNIS available
they should send a tone indicating the end of DNIS. You can try using
the advanced protocol file r2proto.conf (see the sample in
doc/r2proto.conf and read the comments in chan_dahdi.conf.sample for
mfcr2_advanced_protocol_file. The file r2proto.conf should contain a
single line:

mf_g1_tones.no_more_dnis_available=X

This tells openr2 to disable the "no more dnis available" tone and try
to resume the call after timeout.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer, Software Development Manager
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON
L3R 9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com