[asterisk-r2] Problem with 2 E1 from diferent PSTN providers

Juan Cuervo (Quality Telecom) juanrcuervo at quality-telecom.net
Fri Oct 29 09:23:20 CDT 2010

Hi All

I have an Asterisk-1.6.2.11 with openr2-1.3 and a Digium Te405P
connected to two diferent PSTN providers (Telecom and Metrotel) and to a
Alcatel PBX.

I have a issue with incoming calls when the two E1 from the PSTN are
connected at the same time. They both receive calls, but one of them
(the one I connected last) is always dropping calls, lossing ANI digits,
R2 cycle timeouts,  audio with noise and all sort of things that make me
think this is a syncronization issue.

This problem only appears when the two E1 are connected.
If I disconnect one of them (no matter which one) the remaining E1 will
work just fine in both R2 and audio.

I have read in other forums that different PSTN providers are supposed
to be synced betwwen themselves...but either this is not the case, or I
have a R2 issue that cannot identify.

Can someone help me to figure out what can of trouble is this and how
can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

This is my configuration:

(dahdi/system.conf)