[asterisk-r2] Some incoming calls not completing

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:40:01 CST 2010

does not sound like a cpu issue definitely.

The problem is the telco does not reply to our DNIS request, either because
we ask too much dnis or because there is a transmission problem and they do
not see our request.

You need to start narrowing down the problem and find out if it happens with
certain numbers always or certain number lenghts etc.

2010/1/26 Vinícius Fontes <vinicius at canall.com.br>

> I honestly don't believe that a quad-core Xeon 2.4GHz can't handle 11 SIP
> extensions. The CPU use never goes past 5%.
>

> Atenciosamente,
>
> Vinícius Fontes
> Gerente de Segurança da Informação
> Canall Tecnologia em Comunicações
> Passo Fundo - RS - Brasil
> +55 54 2104-7000
>
> Information Security Manager
> Canall Tecnologia em Comunicações
> Passo Fundo - RS - Brazil
> +55 54 2104-7000
>
> ----- "Luc Moreira" <lmoreira at dxbrasil.net> escreveu:
>
> > Vinícius
> >
> > The MFC/R2 demands far more CPU load them ISDN. So, checkout if your
> > server capabilities is underestimate for the job. A small server
> > running R2 delivery choppy audio, repeated/wrong CALLERID digits, and
> > so incoming and outcoming call failure. It's pure audio quality
> > problem.
> >
> > This isn't solved without exchange the server to a bigger one.
> >
> > Luc
> >
> > 2010/1/26 Vinícius Fontes <vinicius at canall.com.br>:
> > > Hello. Having an issue with some incoming calls not being completed.
> > The problem is intermitent, but when when it happens the call log is
> > like this: http://pastebin.com/m4c21f240. The customer reported that
> > outgoing calls sometimes are not completed as well, but I couldn't
> > reproduce this myself.
> > >
> > > Also, sometimes the digits are just incorrectly detected. For
> > instance, when the user on the other end of the PSTN dialed to DID
> > 6009, it gets detected as DID 6000 on our end. The call log looks like
> > this when it happens: http://pastebin.com/m28bb8a28.
> > >

> > > Atenciosamente,
> > >
> > > Vinícius Fontes
> > > Gerente de Segurança da Informação
> > > Canall Tecnologia em Comunicações
> > > Passo Fundo - RS - Brasil
> > > +55 54 2104-7000
> > >
> > > Information Security Manager
> > > Canall Tecnologia em Comunicações
> > > Passo Fundo - RS - Brazil
> > > +55 54 2104-7000
> > >
> > > --

> > --

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com