[asterisk-r2] Activating openr2 afterwards

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:53:55 CDT 2009

I think that may be a bug in the Makefile, check channels/Makefile, search
for "openr2", it may be looking for libopenr2.so.0.0.0 or something like
that, instead of looking for libopenr2.so.1.1.0 or whatever version you have
in /usr/lib/libopenr2*, also try removing channels/chan_zap.so to make sure
is rebuilt.
However, in other news, you may have missed an e-mail I sent where I
deprecated Asterisk 1.2 support for OpenR2, I just don't have the time to
keep maintaining 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 ... payed consultancy is available though
:-)

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Hector F. Bustillo Lopez <
hectorb at continental.hn> wrote:

>  Thanks much for the prompt reply.
>
> I am using asterisk 1.2.24, zaptel 1.2.22.1 and
> openr2-asterisk-1.2.30.3.patch
>
> I just need to recompile and install asterisk with the patch in a way that
> openr2 is active and right now it seems that it is not being accomplished.
> It appears that all the folders are not being overwritten because I can see
> messages stating “nothing to do.....” in several folders when running MAKE
> and MAKE INSTALL for the patched asterisk.
>
> Basically I need a procedure to install Openr2 after the fact of using
> asterisk without it for a while.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hector
>

> On 9/28/09 6:21 PM, "Carlos Rangel" <crangeltpmex at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> You need to provide more info.
>
> What version of asterisk??
> What version of zaptel or dahdi??
> WHat patch did you use??
>

> ________________________________
> > From: hectorb at continental.hn
> > To: asterisk-r2 at lists.digium.com
> > Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:27:54 -0600
> > Subject: [asterisk-r2] Activating openr2 afterwards
> >

> > Hello.
> >

> > I have been running asterisk with freepbx succesfuly for more than a
> year. I have the need toinstall and activate Openr2.
> >

> > I have downloaded and installed openr2 with no errors. I have also
> downloaded and applied the asterisk patch (1.2) and have run the two
> commands MAKE and MAKE INSTALL for asterisk with no errors.
> >

> > I think the new version of asterisk did not install correctly because of
> the following:
> >

> > [root at asterisk2 ~]# ldd channels/chan_zap.so | grep openr2
> >
> > ldd: channels/chan_zap.so: No such file or directory
> >

> > How do I recompile and install asterisk with the patch and make it
> active? It seems that the MAKE and MAKE INSTALL command check to see if
> there is a previuos installation and do not replace libraries. Am I right?
> >

> > How Do I replace asterisk only with the new patched version without
> affecting the the whole Freepbx installation?
> >

> > Can I make a backup and erase certain folders to make the new patched
> asterisk active and the restore the ettings backup?
> >

> > What should be the right procedure?
> >

> > Thanks in advance,
> >

> > Hector

> Comparte tu vida en Perfil de Windows Live. Actualízalo ya!
> http://www.actualizatuperfil.com.mx/

Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com