[asterisk-r2] Activating openr2 afterwards

Hector F. Bustillo Lopez hectorb at continental.hn
Sun Sep 27 22:27:54 CDT 2009

Hello.

I have been running asterisk with freepbx succesfuly for more than a year.  I have the need toinstall and activate Openr2.

I have downloaded and installed openr2 with no errors. I have also downloaded and applied the asterisk patch (1.2) and have run the two commands MAKE and MAKE INSTALL for asterisk with no errors.

I think the new version of asterisk did not install correctly because of the following:

[root at asterisk2 ~]# ldd channels/chan_zap.so | grep openr2
ldd: channels/chan_zap.so: No such file or directory

How do I recompile and install asterisk with the patch and make it active? It seems that the MAKE and MAKE INSTALL command check to see if there is a previuos installation and do not replace libraries. Am I right?

How Do I replace asterisk only with the new patched version without affecting the the whole Freepbx installation?

Can I make a backup and erase certain folders to make the new patched asterisk active and the restore the ettings backup?

What should be the right procedure?

Thanks in advance,

Hector