[asterisk-r2] Biggest OpenR2 implementation out there?

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Tue Sep 15 13:05:22 CDT 2009

Here we go. Unfortunely I can't tell the customer's name, but here is our biggest OpenR2 setup in production today:

Server: Dell Poweredge 860
CPU: Dual-Core Xeon 3050 (2.13GHz)
Memory: 3GB

E1 board: Digium TE212B (HW echo cancelling)
Asterisk: 1.4.22
OpenR2: 1.1.0

Trunks:
 Digital: 2 E1 (60 channels) with MFC/R2 signalling
 Analog: 8 FXO connected to cellular interfaces

Extensions:
  SIP: 112
  Analog: 32

This box routes calls from 6 other servers (connected via MPLS) to the PSTN. Routing itself is dinamically managed by DUNDi. The brazilian dialplan is kinda confuse, we need to dial 0+telco code+area code+number in order to complete the call. In our case the numbers are queried in a MySQL database generated from a CSV file from ANATEL, to check if it is necessary to add the telco and area code when dialing. All this happens without user intervention.

I'll be happy to handle other details if necessary.