[asterisk-r2] Channels get stuck in idle/seize

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:51:51 CDT 2009

try downloading the svn release-1 in google code, then use the script at
debug/asterisk/astdumpr2.sh, execute that script whenever you have stuck
channels. The script must be executed 2 times with an interval of 2 seconds
between each execution and pastebin the results.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Christian Cabrera <ccabrera at gmail.com>wrote:

> Moy,
>
> About 2 months ago you helped me out with a problem that made the channels
> of an E1 get stuck in CLEAR FO mode. Now I'm having a similar problem, but
> with SEIZE.
>
> I just did a reinstall of a system using Elastix 1.5.2. I'm using the most
> up to date version of DAHDI (2.2.0.2) and Asterisk 1.4.26.2 patched with the
> code provided in your Google's code page. I'm also using Wanpipe 3.5.8.
>
> The problem I'm having is that after the channels change to Tx/Rx
> Idle/Seize, Asterisk tries to take the channels for an outgoing call, and
> then it fails, giving out this:
>
> [Oct 28 16:01:39] ERROR[8446] chan_dahdi.c: Chan 51 - Trying to dial out in
> non-idle channel (cas=0x00)
> [Oct 28 16:01:39] ERROR[8446] chan_dahdi.c: unable to make new MFC/R2 call!
>
> Eventually, the channels go back to idle/idle after about 60 to 120
> seconds, but due to the volume of calls being processed in this system, this
> isn't feasible, since too many errors occur (sometimes we get something as
> low as a 50% success ratio in outgoing calls). Incoming calls do not present
> this problem at all.
>
> The provisional solution I've created is a PHP script which recurrently
> sets the channels in idle/seize to block/seize (that way Asterisk wont try
> to use them and won't give out any errors). After a while, when the channels
> switch to block/idle, I change them to idle/idle, which allows Asterisk to
> do the calls.
>
> I'm using a Maxcom E1 in Mexico city.
>
> Any thoughts on how to solve this?
>
> Kind regards,
>
>   Ing. Christian Cabrera
>
>   Nextel (777) 113 8204 Id 72*15*24335

Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com