[asterisk-r2] Channels get stuck in idle/seize

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 22:54:52 CST 2009

Hello Christian ... next thing to do, is to take a core dump of the Asterisk
process when the channels are stuck. First make sure you compile asterisk
without optimizations (make menuselect - Compiler Flags -> DONT_OPTIMIZE).
Then, download gdb, if you are using CentOS is as easy as doing "yum install
gdb".

CentOS come with a wrapper script that takes core dumps called "gcore", not
sure if it's included with gdb in all distros. In case not, the script can
be downloaded here: http://www.moythreads.com/gcore

Then, whenever the problem happens, execute:

# gcore -o asterisk.core `pidof asterisk`

Then whenever you have a chance contact me on irc.freenode.org in the
#openr2 channel. Then I will take a look at your core dump and that will
help me fix the problem.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Christian Cabrera <ccabrera at gmail.com>wrote:

> Asterisk 1.4.26.2, with your p2 patch from Google Code.

Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com