[asterisk-r2] Behaviour between chan_unicall and chan_zap with openr2?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:14:03 CDT 2009

well, its kind of your fault, but not completely. If you set your dial plan as:

[from-panasonic]
exten => XXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g0/${EXTEN},60,tT)
exten => XXXXXXX,n,Hangup()
exten => XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g0/${EXTEN},60,tT)
exten => XXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

You should see the problem as well. Each digit that is received from
the PBX will be checked against this dial plan, so, when we reach 8
digits and we check, Asterisk says, ok 8 digits is enough to make a
match, but, if we ask for another digit we may also match another
rule, therefore Asterisk tries to ask another digit, the problem is
that the PBX does not have another digit. Some R2 variants will
respond to our next digit request with a signal that means  "sorry, no
more digits" and then asterisk will quickly start executing the rule
that matched with 8 digits, however, the Brazilian variant and others,
do not have the signal "sorry, no more digits" and instead just ignore
the request, since openr2 knows this, it will timeout and when it time
outs attempts to continue and accept the call with a pulse tone, but
your PBX does not detect or does not like this pulse tone and hangs
up, I don't know why though.

Moy