[asterisk-r2] Error on ztcfg using libopenr2

Norman Schmidt norman at omegatecnologia.com
Tue Mar 17 10:25:48 CDT 2009

Hello friends,

I compiled zaptel 1.4.12.1, libpri-1.4.9, openr2 1.1.0, Asterisk 1.4.21.2,
using the 1.4.21 openR2 patch on Asterisk. Im trying to configure a test
server for openr2 using a 2xE1 digium board with a cross E1 cable:

My zaptel.conf:
span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
cas=1-15:1101
cas=17-31:1101
cas=32-46:1101
cas=48-62:1101

My zapata.conf:
[channels]
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echotrainning=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
signalling=mfcr2
mfcr2_variant=br
mfcr2_get_ani_first=no
mfcr2_max_ani=20
mfcr2_max_dnis=20
mfcr2_category=national_subscriber
mfcr2_logdir=span1
mfcr2_logging=all
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
callerid=asreceived
context=from-pstn
channel => 1-15,17-31

The zaptel and board modules are loaded, the board got its IRQ, everything
seems fine on dmesg (modules output), but when I try to run ztcfg -vvvvvf,
it bombs out with "ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Invalid argument (22)".

I tried to use r2test creating a testr2.conf :
variant=br
caller=no
maxani=10
maxdnis=4
channel=1-15

and:
r2test -c testr2.conf

also ends in a "SYSTEM CALL FAILED" error:

found R2 variant = br
found MAX ANI= 10
found MAX DNIS= 4
found channel range = 1-15
failed to create R2 channel 1: System call failed
Aborting test.

Did I compiled something wrong? I followed "The OpenR2 Guide – January
2009 - Version 0.1" from Moisés Silva to do it.