[asterisk-r2] OpenR2 project testers wanted

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:41:31 CDT 2009

Howdy,

As you probably know openr2 has been working quite well lately. No
major bugs and even there is at least one openr2 user who got his
product certified with ANATEL using openr2.

The challenge now is to be able to keep openr2 stability as new
features are added (we're still missing DTMF/R2 support). A new openr2
release is about to be done including a new feature to block collect
calls with double answer per call and not globally. There is also a
bug fix where the mfcr2_accept_on_offer option is not working quite
well when it takes too long for the called party to answer. The new
feature and fix required code changes that I'd like to have well
tested before making the release and creating the patches for Asterisk
1.2, 1.4 and 1.6.

I would like to have tested the following openr2 branch:

http://openr2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/release-1

along with this Asterisk branch:

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/moy/mfcr2-1.4

Testing in the following areas is appreciated:

1. Regular calls, it does not matter how you use openr2 try using it
the same way with this release and it should work.
2. Test MFCR2_DOUBLE_ANSWER Asterisk variable, when setting this
variable to 'yes' the double answer mechanism to block collect calls
should be used. Of course this variable must be set before calling
Answer() or any other application that answer the channel.
3. Test MFCR2_CATEGORY Asterisk variable which should be available
immediately when entering the incoming context holding the category of
the incoming call, this can be used to detect collect calls and decide
what to do with them from the dial plan (like hang up the channel
unless you recognize the caller id or something like that).

Send any issues you find to my e-mail or contact me via MSN/Google,

Thanks in advance

Moy

--
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire