[asterisk-r2] ldd: channels/chan_zap.so: No such file or directory

Carlos Rangel crangeltpmex at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:47:09 CST 2009

Hello
I tried to install Openr2 with patch in Asterisk 1.4.23 (Centos 5. 2) following up the guide. However chan_zap.so is not being generated. These are the steps I followed:

- Install zaptel 1.4.12
cd zaptel make $ make install

- Configured zaptel .conf
- Install openr2-1.1.0.tar
 ./configure –prefix=/usr

   make

   make install
- Install autoconf 2.60
-Patch and Install asterisk
-  #patch -p0 < openr2-asterisk-1.4.23.patch

- Install automake (needed for  ./bootstrap.sh)

- ./bootstrap.sh

- Install asterisk

 ./configure –prefix=/usr

- make

- make install

But when runing comand ldd channels/chan_zap.so | grep openr2 the output I get is

ldd: channels/chan_zap.so: No such file or directory

Am I missing something?? Also Is there any operational difference between Openr2 and Unicall Libraries? I´ve been a Unicall user for years now and want to test Openr2.

Thanks
CR