[asterisk-r2] Problem patching Asterisk 1.6.0.6

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:46:34 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Anton Krall <akrall at intruder.com.mx>wrote:

> “As long as they pay you. Do you have some customer who does not pay you?
> Please let me know which one of your customers in Intruder you serve for
> free life-time?”
>
> I do have one, and curiously, he owns every piece of equip we sell... He
> likes tech... And I use him as a guinea pig... So that's why I give him tech
> support for free.

So he pays you by testing your stuff :-), exactly my point in the post,
either you test or you pay, otherwise don't complain.

Anyways, we disagree fundamentally. You think that creating an LGPL project
makes developers somehow responsible of their creation, but the license is
very clear, there is no warranty at all.

All in all, I am not mad, but Pablo took way too personally the post, even
when I clearly stated which kind of user I was talking about.

At the end, every user can do whatever they want, and use openr2 for
whatever they want, that's why I put in under LGPL and free both as in beer
and speech. But is my intention to leave openr2 as stable as possible and
eventually I will move on to other projects and will just provide code
updates in the Asterisk tree, the community needs to learn to search in the
mailing list , the openr2 guide and rely on other users for help.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com