[asterisk-r2] Problem patching Asterisk 1.6.0.6

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:16:55 CDT 2009

Yay, I started a flame war! ... just for the record was not my intention.

Pablo, I think you took it way too personal, I never said I think you are
the kind of user I am talking about, but if you feel like one, I can't do
nothing to stop you from thinking it.

1. They typically just ask questions in the mailing list *(what is the
> pourpouse of the mailing list???)* , never spend time helping other users
> *(False, I´ve spent time in solving other guys problems, not in this
> mailing list, becuase I´ve just subscribe it, plus I´m kind of newbie with
> all this).*

And there is nothing wrong with that, did I say something about it?

> 2. They download for free Asterisk and expect it to work out-of-the-box for
> their particular (profit) purpose without spending time not even doing their
> homework, testing their particular scenarios etc. *(I dont think that)*

Again, I am not talking about you, but a specific kind of leech user that
exists in the community, do you feel like one? if not, good, I just pointed
at you my opinion about users not helping to test beta's and then
complaining about bugs in formal releases.

> With all that said, what should I do? Quit my job? Never write to a mailing
> list again? Suicide?
> I think you know a lot, but it would be a good thing to be nicer and not
> generalize. Im making my first steps in here....

Jeez!, go for a coffee, have some lunch and then get back here and read
again, when did I generalize? did I say ALL users are like that?
specifically, did I mentioned that YOU ARE like that?

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com