[asterisk-r2] Argentina calls problem

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:59:04 CST 2009

Looks like the tone is intermitent or something is causing problems
with the proper MF detection. Try enabling mf_threshold=50. Create a
file in /etc/asterisk/r2proto.conf with only this value:

mf_threshold=50

Then in chan_dahdi.conf tell Asterisk to use this file with

mfcr2_advanced_protocol_file=/etc/asterisk/r2proto.conf

Try again and paste logs again, be sure to post both, the Asterisk log
and the OpenR2 log, for the same corresponding incoming call.

Moy

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Gabriel Monsalvo <gabriel at arlab.com.ar> wrote:
> Moy, I delete de mfcr2_get_ani_first parameter from zapata.conf, this is
> the log
>
> http://pastebin.com/m712f4da6
>
> When now I call to the main number of the E1 (4528900), after a few
> seconds of silence I get noise with a low busy tone in the background.
> Another things, in the call file directory there are 3 files for the
> incoming call in 3 distinct channels, it was my incoming call or
> coincidence ? a few people of the university already knows this number
> but they call at the same time than me ? anyway y put you in the
> pastebin the 3 call files.
>

> Saludos!
> Gabriel Monsalvo
>
>> Let's fix first the incoming call problem. I see you still have
>> mfcr2_get_ani_first=no, when it should be yes. In fact, just remove
>> that parameter, openr2 will use the most proper default for your
>> variant. Do that, and try again only the incoming call and pastebin
>> the logs.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Gabriel Monsalvo <gabriel at arlab.com.ar> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear moy i check out the file /etc/asterisk/logger.conf and already have a
>>> full log activate:
>>> full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose
>>> For the outgoing call i use my softphone, everytime i call the
>>> number...silence...silence and then nothing happens then i hang up the call
>>> from the softphone, but this time i wait until the asterisk give me
>>> "circuit-busy" then in the  log appears  a yellow alarm  that  i didn't see
>>> before.
>>>
>>> this is the log:
>>> http://pastebin.com/m471ba690
>>>
>>> like always thanks for all the help!
>>>
>>> Gabriel Monsalvo.
>>>
>>> The Asterisk logs are needed, read the documentation in
>>> docs/logger.conf.sample and then edit /etc/asterisk/logger.conf to
>>> generate a full log. Generate an incoming and outgoing call. The
>>> pastebin that log along with the 2 call logs generated by openr2.
>>>
>>> Moy
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Gabriel Monsalvo <gabriel at arlab.com.ar>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Moy whats log do you need for give me a hand with this, yesterday i try
>>> out all day and this is not going to work, i talk
>>> with the telco's guys and they tellme that the problem is when the
>>> comunication is going to pass from group A of tones to group B
>>> this make me think that the problem could be in the protocol. Tell me
>>> what you need to help and i send you.
>>>
>>> Thanks!!!
>>>
>>> Gabriel Monsalvo.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire