[asterisk-r2] Data Call

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:30:44 CST 2009

The question should not be if openr2 can handle it. The question is if
MFC/R2 is supposed to do it. The answer is no. However, openr2 will
happily move the data Asterisk pushes into it to the other end. In
fact, once the call has been answered, all the data passes directly
from Asterisk to the DAHDI/Zaptel drivers, without openr2 intervention
whatsoever.

I'm just curious, what do you have on the PSTN side? and where this
call will be terminated?

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes
<glwgoes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following scenario;
> ------------                  ----------------
>  -------------------------------------------
> | PSTN | <--- R2 ---> | Asterisk | <--- ISDN BRI ---> | Polycom VideoConf
> Station |
> Can libOpenR2 handle the data calls from the Polycom Videoconf ?
> Best Regards,
> Guilherme Loch Góes
>
> Notícias e Fórum sobre VoIP com software livre:
> http://www.voipexperts.com.br

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire