[asterisk-r2] Protocol error. Reason = Multi Frequency Cycle Timeout

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:10:05 CST 2009

Hello Jesus,

> I have a Nortel and Asterik connected through a Ethernet E1 Wildcard TE122
> with VPMADT032

Just for you to know, is not an ethernet card, despite the connector
being an RJ45.

> Protocol error. Reason = Multi Frequency Cycle Timeout, R2 State = Seize
> ACK Transmitted, MF state = Category Request Transmitted, MF Group =
> Backward Group C, CAS = 0x00
>
> I want to know what may be causing this problem and how can I fix it?

I think I know what the problem is. I have seen this at least 2 times
before. Nortel does not seem to like when is asked to transmit the
category and just ignores the request causing this problem. Is not a
problem when Nortel is connected to Telmex or other telcos because
telcos do not ask for category nor ANI because telcos know who you
are, they don't need to ask. There is probably a configuration in
nortel PBX's to send the category properly.

However, I am planning to add a new option to openr2 where you will be
allowed to skip the category request and go straight to group II
signals. I should have the new openr2 release ready this Monday or
Tuesday. I will post the news here. This new release should solve your
problem.

Moy

--
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire