[asterisk-r2] RES: polling bug

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:06:49 CST 2009

Hi Rafael,

Your testing results are very interesting.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Rafael Prado Rocchi
<prado at practis.com.br>wrote:

>  Is very clear for me that there is a problem with MG2 algorithm, that
> completely affects all the E1 channels. I will conduct some other tests
> today only with the original asterisk code (without R2 patch), using ISDN on
> the 4 E1 and MG2. Maybe this is a hidden bug that was there for long time?

I wonder how echo cancellation is affecting your setup.  Are you using
Digium boards? what about Sangoma hw ec canceler? I cannot think of a reason
echo cancellation is affecting the setup, I see no reason for that to
happen. Hangup in R2 is done through the CAS bits changing its pattern, I
can hardly imagine that is affected by the echo canceler (unless there is
some nasty nasty bug in the driver code, but is highly unlikely). If we want
to find this bug you need to enable R2 protocol call files
(mfcr2_call_files=yes) and then, as soon as you hit the problem (a stuck
channel) stop all calls and pastebin here the protocol file for the 2
involved r2 channels, also if possible, pastebin /var/log/asterisk/full (of
course you need to enable it in logger.conf and enabling mfcr2_loglevel=all
in chan_dahdi.conf).

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer