[asterisk-r2] help!! i cant make outbound calls telco bestel

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:45:32 CST 2009

Hello Vanesa,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM, vanesa estrada <lady_vane69 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  They said its R2, i looked my old pbx config and i saw these coments by
> the person that used to give us support, i dont know if this help

It certainly helps, at least helps me :-)

The problem is that at that point, openr2 does not expect more MF tones, but
still we get an F tone, may be is the progress tone sent by the telco
immediately which openr2 may miss detect as an F.

I created a code branch to try to get your telco working. I committed a
small fix. Please try this branch:

svn co http://openr2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/release-1-bestel

Recompile, re-install openr2 and try again. Be sure to re-configure and
re-install Asterisk (if testing with Asterisk).

The r2test application is mostly for development and debugging when the
Asterisk code is not stable, but at this point I feel very confident about
the R2 Asterisk code so you may want to try to test with Asterisk if that is
easier for you. Besides, Asterisk has enabled more R2 features that r2test
(which has fallen a bit outdated), for example, call files may or may not
work well on r2test, try Asterisk enabling mfcr2_call_files=yes and
mfcr2_logdir=bestel, then you will find protocol dump files for each
incoming or outgoing call in /var/log/asterisk/mfcr2/bestel

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com