[asterisk-r2] Protocol Error with TELMEX

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:17:57 CST 2009

I used to see this under heavy load on my early testing and that's why I
added mf_threshold timer, mostly for development. The error means we got a
MF tone, and then immediately another MF tone without any silence in the
middle, which is a violation of th MF R2 protocol. I have 2 hypothesis for
this:

1. The server is too slow (or Asterisk sometimes is too slow and drops audio
coming from the board and therefore MF tones)
2. Hardware/cabling problems that cause audio to be dropped sometimes.
3. Noise in the line (I am not a hardware guy, so I may be talking nonsense
here, but bad grounding may be a cause? )

You can try adding mf_threshold=50 in r2proto.conf advanced configuration
file ( google that, probably I already explained how to do it ). That may
help but is not going to fix the root cause.

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com