[asterisk-r2] ChanIsAvail locking R2 channel

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:59:44 CDT 2009

Hello Rafael,
I think it's a bug in chan_dahdi.c, I have not tested but checking what
application CHANISAVAIL does, the code path seems like unexpected, when
ast_request() is called I set mfcr2call=1 to reserve the channel, but in
ast_hangup() I do not set mfcr2call=0 because the usual code path is
ast_request() -> ast_call() -> ast_hangup() and at that point openr2
callbacks will report call end and I will set mfcr2call=0, but when just
checking if the channel is avail, the call is never initiated and the
mfcr2call=1 flag keeps set after ast_hangup().

This bug will be present in all patches for Asterisk and 1.6.2 as well. I
will fix it tonight (or sooner if I have a chance) for 1.6.2, and create a
new patch for 1.4 probably the weekend, or sooner if I can.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Rafael Prado Rocchi
<prado at practis.com.br>wrote:

> Hi,
> We are having problems with chanisavail.
>
> Everytime we use chanisavail to check for channel availability, when using
> R2, the channel gets locked.
> We tested with 1.4.22, 1.4.24 and 1.4.26, using OpenR2 release 209.
>
> Chanisavail works fine if the E1 is ISDN
> But chanisavail gives error and locks the channel if we configure the E1 as
> R2. Next run, it locks the second available channel and so, until we get all
> 30 channels locked. Then we have to restart.
>

> All other applications and the asterisk itself is working fine with R2
>

> Can anyone please test this and confirm this problem?
>

> Here is a simple dialplan for testing:
>

> exten => 123,1,noop( ---- TESTE CHANISVAIL ---- )
> exten => 123,n,CHANISAVAIL(dahdi/g1)
> exten => 123,n,NOOP(CHAN=${AVAILCHAN})
> exten => 123,n,SET(CHAN=${CUT(AVAILCHAN||1)})
> exten => 123,n,DIAL(${CHAN}/1234)
> exten => 123,n,NOOP( STATUS = ${DIALSTATUS})
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rafael Prado
>

> PRACTIS - Comunicação & Tecnologia
> Av Aquidaban, 766 - Conj 51
> CEP 13026-510, Campinas/SP - Brasil
> http://www.practis.com.br
>

> This message and any archive transmited may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to
> receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take
> any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have
> received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete this message. Any views or opinions expressed in
> this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of
> Practis. Although reasonable precautions have been taken by Practis to
> ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
> responsability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
> it's attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com