[asterisk-r2] Looks like Oi/Brasil Telecom is not signalling collect calls anymore?

Norman Schmidt norman at omegatecnologia.com
Mon Aug 10 09:36:31 CDT 2009

Hello Moises,
At first, thank you for your always blazing fast replies. Problem solved!
For the list record:

> That indeed suggest your telco is the one to blame, since they changed
> something.

This was confirmed. Ex-"Brasil Telecom", now "Oi" is actually not signalling
collect calls anymore by GB tone, at least on all circuits we could test
around here (south of Brazil). There are (as always) conflicting information
about this being passed on by now "Oi" representatives. One of them - an old
technical contact from the previous "Brasil Telecom" - confirmed the change,
and suggested that "Oi" will now accept requests to block collect calls at
the telco side, something that "Brasil Telecom" never agreed to do. But who
wants to depend on that? I surely dont...

> > I tried "mfcr2_double_answer=yes", but then:
> >
> However, adding mfcr2_double_answer does not may cause any protocol error
> due to MF cycle timeout, this is something else going on and we need a
call
> file log in order to tell more about it.

My fault. The test bed Asterisk I was using to test this had something
wrong, probably from some previous compilation test. After getting a freshly
installed test machine, "mfcr2_double_answer=yes" worked like a champ on our
test "Oi" E1 circuit, and as well too at the production servers and
circuits. Blocking collect calls on "Oi" circuits working again!

Thank you!
Norman