[asterisk-r2] Migrating from Unicall to OpenR2

tbrown tbrown at excelocity.com
Thu Apr 30 10:38:37 CDT 2009

Greetings,

We have an asterisk PBX running a digium quad t1/e1.  Last year I had
installed libunicall in order to verify one of our clients R2 offerings.  I
was quite pleased when I was able to accomplish this in a single day.
Libunicall was extremely useful by allowing us to verify the various
regional R2 permutations.  Our client has now requested that we upgrade to
OpenR2.

I have been following the instructions posted on the following link

http://www.sangoma.com/company/about_us/running_MFCR2.html

However I’m a bit confused as to the difference between Zaptel and DAHDI.
Having built the dahdi-linux-2.1.0.4 package, the Zaptel driver/kernel
module no longer seems to be present and dahdi is now being loaded.  I have
attempted to reconfigure the system.conf and the chan_dahdi.conf file
however when I run the dahdi tool it indicates that the quad is
unconfigured

ââââââââââââââââââââââ⤠DAHDI Telephony Interfaces âââââââââââââââââââââââ
â                                                                        â
â     Alarms          Span                                               â
â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1                       â  â
â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2                       â®  â
â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3                       â® â
â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4                       â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                     â  â
â                                                                        â
â                                                                        â
â          ââââââââââ                              ââââââââ              â
â          â Select â                              â Quit â              â
â          ââââââââââ                              ââââââââ              â
â                                                                        â
ââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ

asterisk doesn’t like the configuration either

 [Apr 29 15:48:16] ERROR[3334]: asterisk.c:3068 main: Asterisk has detected
a problem with your DAHDI configuration and will shutdown for your
protection.  You have options:
        1. You only have to compile DAHDI support into Asterisk if you need
it.  One option is to recompile without DAHDI support.
        2. You only have to load DAHDI drivers if you want to take advantage
of DAHDI services.  One option is to unload DAHDI modules if you don't need
them.
        3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure DAHDI.

Is there a tool that would parse the configuration for me?

Should I use Zapata.conf or chan_dahdi.conf?

Is there any more documentation on this?

At the moment I have the following in system.conf

#
# Uncomment the following for T1 PRI
#

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

#
# Uncomment the following for T1 PRI
#

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=25-48

#
# Uncomment the following for E1 R2 MFC
#
span=3,0,0,cas,hdb3
cas=49-63:1101
cas=65-79:1101

#
# Uncomment the following for E1 PRI
#
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=80-94,96-110
dchan=95

And the following in chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]

signalling=pri_net
group=1
context=incoming_pri
channel=>1-23
dchan=24

signalling=em
group=2
context=incoming_pri
channel=>25-48

signalling = mfcr2
group=3
mfcr2_variant = ar
mfcr2_max_ani = 20
mfcr2_max_dnis = 4
mfcr2_category = national_subscriber
mfcr2_get_ani_first = no
; The next three params are for debuging, you can disable when in production
mfcr2_call_files=yes
mfcr2_logdir=embratel
mfcr2_logging=all

channel=>49-63
channel=>65-79

signalling=pri_net

group=4
signalling=pri_net
context=incoming_pri
channel=>80-94,96-110
dchan=95

Is there an obvious problem here?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

 <http://www.excelocity.com/>  <http://www.excelocity.com/>
<http://www.excelocity.com/>  <http://www.excelocity.com/images/logo4.gif>
 <http://www.excelocity.com/> Thomas Brown
 <http://www.excelocity.com/>  <http://www.excelocity.com/>