[asterisk-r2] RES: G729 with Asterisk SVN-moy-mfcr2-r143079

Cordeiro, Marco marco.cordeiro at globalstar.com.br
Tue Oct 14 07:11:08 CDT 2008

Hello Moy,

Here we go to the answers:

So far I have installed your SVN distribution as mentioned before, and I
also have libss7 installed. I'm running this server with 02 E1 interfaces.
One of the ports has ISUP Support and the other has R2 (OpenR2).
After I was finished with the installation process and testing (Everything
running perfectly) I decided to install the G729 codec, once I have some
important IAX trunks that demand this codec.
So, I have tried with the following versions of the codec:

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/unsupported/asterisk-tr
unk/linux/x86-32/codec_g729a_v33_pentium4m.tar.gz

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/asterisk-1.6.0/x86-32/c
odec_g729a_v34_pentium4m.tar.gz

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/asterisk-B.1/x86-32/cod
ec_g729a_v32_pentium4m.tar.gz

it manually I have the following error message:

sippp*CLI> module load codec_g729a.so
Unable to load module codec_g729a.so
Command 'module load codec_g729a.so ' failed.
[Oct 14 09:56:58] WARNING[8266]: loader.c:375 load_dynamic_module: Error
undefined symbol: ast_verbose
[Oct 14 09:56:58] WARNING[8266]: loader.c:666 load_resource: Module
'codec_g729a.so' could not be loaded.

As I mentioned before, I'm running libss7 as well in this machine, to
support my ISUP link, so it wouldn't be possible to migrate it to 1.4
version.

Before I forget, the registration process of the G729 license key was also
successfully performed, and no errors at all.

That's all!

Hope someone could help me out.

Thanks again,

Marco