[asterisk-r2] RV: Welcome to the "asterisk-r2" mailing list

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:36:16 CST 2008

Not an educated opinion.

I will use anything that proves to be the right tool for openr2
distribution/compilation, since I have not used cmake I cannot give a
good opinion. The only opinion I can give is that Linux users are far
more used to install software with auto tools and that is kind of a
"standard" for Linux bare bones software installation.

If someone can show me that is better to use cmake (either pointing
out to features or showing me a .tar.gz of openr2 with cmake ) or I
eventually get the time to find out by myself, I'd be happy to change
to any cmake or any other tool for that matter.

The only feature caught my eye when looking at cmake web page is its
portability, but since openr2 right now just runs on Linux, until
there is some serious development on Windows or some other platform I
have not paid much attention to portability in the build system.

Moy