[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk Clustering and DUNDi J Richardson whitepaper

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:40:08 UTC 2010

> JR, sorry for the question but can you please confirm if following your
> document we must statically
> configure all SIP phones to register with the Lookup server?  also, should
> we care about SIP reinvite?

Well, I think you need to study the protocol a bit more, it is channel
agnostic, doesn't depend on SIP or IAX, it is simply a dynamic lookup
protocol to find extensions or phones or whatever on other asterisk servers.
Where the phones register is not important as how DUNDi is setup to find the
phones where they are registered.

Checkout the papers here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DUNDi

Good luck.