[asterisk-ha-clustering] Architecture Suggestion for a 150, 000 calls per hour capable, HA solution

Mamadou Lamine KA lamineka at groupechaka.com
Thu Aug 19 11:07:35 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I need to setup a voicemail system for a telco that will handle up to
150,000 calls per hour with 3,000,000 to 3,500,000 users.

It will be the first time for me to design such a plateforme. So I need your
advices about dimensioning and architecture for high availability system.

-          Did you ever experience running asterisk with such level of
traffics?

-          Will there be any benefit using the asterisk business edition
instead of the open source version?

-          Do you have a rigorous method (Erlang law??) to dimension such a
plateform ?

-          Which servers (manufacturer, model) do you recommend?

-          Which voice cards (manufacturer) do you recommend?

-          Which operating system do you recommend

Thank you in advance for any help. Any suggestion is welcomed J

Lamine