[asterisk-ha-clustering] New HA setup

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 19 03:42:25 CST 2009

>> Hosting multiple companies PBX's on one platform involves a lot of
>> issues that affects the design. Are you going to allow customers to
>> connect over manager? Are you going to deliver call parking, blinking
>> lamps, call queues? Manager doesn't allow for filtering of events and
>> doesn't offer good protection either.
> Do you know if there is any work going on to make manager more secure in a hostedPBX environment?

Tilghman just made a few changes that I'm excited about. I had some ideas to continue that work.
I want to add context to manager accounts so that we can limit the originate action for each manager account.

With Tilghman's patch, we can filter out events based on channel variables. Maybe that can be extended to channel lists in the future.

I would love to continue this development work.

And btw, we have manager/TLS now.

/O