[asterisk-ha-clustering] New HA setup

Frederic Jean makafre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:35:56 CST 2009

Hi Chris, thanks for the great tip.

This means each Asterisk could be updated based on the 2 master databases.

So to resume it all:

- One master database is setup on its own server and all writing (inserts
and updates) operations are done through it.
- Second master database is replicated as in Chris comment (Master Master).
Web data could be fetched from this server as well.
- Each Asterisk server would need a local slave mysql database for all read
statements.
- Each Asterisk local slave database updates itself on a regular interval
from the Masters using mysql_multi
- Setup of a DUNDi lookup server (as in JR Richardson's "Using DUNDi with a
cluster of Asterisk servers" paper).

Is this something "standard" in a HA Asterisk solution? Has anybody tried
something similar?
Any comments are appreciated!

Fred