[asterisk-ha-clustering] New HA setup

Frederic Jean makafre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:49:18 CST 2009

Hello all, I just joined the mailing list.

I need to setup a HA * solution with 2 ultramonkey servers, 5 * servers and
a realtime mysql data repository.
It's my first time at doing such a setup after several years playing with
Asterisk, so this is what I figured out
up to now;

- One master database is setup on its own server and all writing (inserts
and updates) operations are done through it.
- Each Asterisk server would need a local slave mysql database for all read
statements.
- Database replication would occur for each * slave on a regular interval.
- Setup of a DUNDi lookup server (as in JR Richardson's "Using DUNDi with a
cluster of Asterisk servers" paper).

I really want to make sure that there is no SPOF in the solution.

I am however not feeling confident about this database distribution, is that
the way to go? How to add a hot/cold standby mysql server?
Does this solution make sense? any suggestions or tips before going further?

Best regards,
Fred