[asterisk-ha-clustering] HA SIP configuration

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Mar 23 17:00:20 CDT 2009

Ron Byer Jr. schrieb:
> I have a 2 node Asterisk (v 1.4.18) solution in what right now is an
> active-passive configuration, utilizing heartbeat and a virtual-ip as
> the shared resource.
>
> Simply put, I can easily contact the primary server using the
> virtual-ip, but the primary server responds with it's own ip, and all
> the SIP/SDP fields (From, Contact, etc) as well as the rtp media
> definition use the master's IP address. This screws up the down stream
> devices which expect to be talking to the virtual IP address.
>
> I thought for sure that using externip/localnet would enable me to
> change the ip addresses in the SIP addresses, but it hasn't changed.

This is about IP routing tables in the kernel.

Maybe simply modifying your /etc/network/interfaces so the virtual
IP address is the first address on eth0 and the server's own address
is the second one (on eth0:me or something) helps.

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de
Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de