[asterisk-ha-clustering] Active/Standby call interruption durring failover

Marcin J. Kowalczyk marcin.kowalczyk at ccig.pl
Wed Feb 4 08:55:37 CST 2009

Leif Madsen pisze:
> If you don't want to lose the audio, why not just re-invite the media
> from Asterisk? You'd essentially be doing the same thing without
> adding the complexity of OpenSER.

 From http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+canreinvite

"Note: Asterisk is /still/ really not a SIP proxy in this case. The two
legs have different Call-Ids, and so are different SIP calls. However
the SDP descriptors for the audio of the two calls point directly at
each other.

This short-circuit way of setting up calls was introduced in 1.4; for
earlier versions, I believe the call is set up initially as two legs,
and then Asterisk reconnects the endpoints directly using a re-INVITE "

I will retest on 1.6.x becouse on 1.4.x durring switch-over all cals
were lost.