[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk clustering and transferringcalls

Brent Thomson bthomson at getjive.com
Wed Apr 22 09:59:55 CDT 2009

Watkins, Bradley wrote:

> Odd...  OK, one last thing I'd like before you go spending your money.
> :)
>
> Any chance of a (preferably sanitized of any identifying IPs, etc.) SIP
> trace or traces of all of this?  Then at least we would know what
> exactly Asterisk is doing with the REFER.

I've attached two files: one has the actual packets (transfer.txt) and
the other is a map of the dialogs (transfer-graphic.txt). You'll notice
that in the middle I attempt the transfer several times until the load
balancer places the second call on a different instance of Asterisk
(everything works fine if the second call in the transfer lands on the
same PBX as the first). The stuff in the dump is all there was--no
traffic directly between the Asterisk instances.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brent