[asterisk-ha-clustering] HA SIP configuration

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 07:19:52 CDT 2009

Sorry to jump into this so late...

In article <49C90421.2070801 at amooma.de>,
Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
> Miguel Paolino schrieb:
> > 2009/3/23 Ron Byer Jr. <ronb at netweave.com>:
>
> >> I have a 2 node Asterisk (v 1.4.18) solution in what right now is an
> >> active-passive configuration, utilizing heartbeat and a virtual-ip as
> >> the shared resource.
> >>
> >> Simply put, I can easily contact the primary server using the
> >> virtual-ip, but the primary server responds with it's own ip, and all
> >> the SIP/SDP fields (From, Contact, etc) as well as the rtp media
> >> definition use the master's IP address. This screws up the down stream
> >> devices which expect to be talking to the virtual IP address.
> >
> > Configure SIP on Asterisk to bind to the virtual interface, not all of
> > them, this will solve it.
>
> Right. :-) bindaddr in sip.conf. How could it not come to my mind.

It occurs to me that this will only work for the asterisk that starts
up on the machine owning the virtual IP, so asterisk can't be started
up on the other machine with bindaddr on the virtual IP, since that is
not at that time a local IP address.

I guess it would be ok if Asterisk is only started (or restarted) after
the node has taken ownership of the virtual IP.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield